Da dieser Kurs bei uns in Salgar zurzeit nur auf Spanisch oder Englisch angeboten wird, machen wir bei der detaillierten Kursbeschreibung auf Englisch weiter.
Most areas of the world provide spectacular dives depths deeper than 39 metres. The TDI Extended Range course teaches you the proper techniques for utilising compressed air as a breathing gas with a maximum depth of 55 metres.
Mix it up / TDI Extended Range Course in Menorca
The TDI Extended Range Diver Course provides the training and experience necessary including proper techniques, equipment requirements, and hazards of deep air diving, to competently utilise air for dives up to 55 metres that require staged decompression, using nitrox mixtures or oxygen during decompression.
Theory will, of course, be covered, as well as 4 dives, all deeper than 30 metres, 2 deeper than 40 metres. There is, as always, a final theory exam. You will cover, among other things a range of topics such as: History of Deep Air Diving, Physics, Physiology, Decompression Options, Equipment Considerations, Dive Tables, Dive Planning, Procedures.
How’s my day looking?
A typical day starts at 09:00 and finishes around 17:00 with one hour break for lunch, usually between 13:00 till 14:00. You can bring your own lunch or enjoy your lunch break at one of the restaurants in S’Algar. Please understand that all time is approximate, as each course has its own dynamics.
So, Can I do it?
- You will need to be 18 years of age
- Certified as a TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and TDI Decompression Procedures Diver, or equivalents
- Provide proof of a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which 25 must be deeper than 30m
- Present a medical certificate, endorsed by a Doctor
- There is a minimum of 2 students for this course, bring a friend
What do I get?
- TDI Extended Range Manual
- A lot of grief
- Insurance during the course
- Access to a O2 Analyzer
- Air fills
- Nitrox fills
- Professional Team
- And once you successfully master all the skills etc. final certification.What is not included?
- Anything not mentioned above
- Dive computer
- Any additional equipment such as line cutting devices, slates, torches, etc.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Swimwear, Towel
- Manual, bring your Academic material every day
- The medical certificate or letter from your doctor.
- Packed lunch or funds to enjoy lunch at our preferred restaurant in S’Algar, the Pirata.
- A nice piece of dark chocolate for your Instructor.At this stage, we expect you to have your own set of gear. Should you need to rent equipment from us, let us know in advance.Like all training courses, courses are paid for but certification is earned.OK, so I have done that, what’s next?After so much learning, why not just have some fun? Have a go with our DPV´s.