Menorca is a perfect place to embark on this TDI Cavern Diver Course. With plenty of caverns on nearly every dive in and around Salgar, we are spoiled for choices. The topography of Menorca´s underwater world is just like a Swiss Cheese, full of holes! Perfect environment for this course.
Turn your torch on | TDI Cavern Diver Course in Menorca
This course is spread over a minimum of two exciting days and is packed with great knowledge and diving skills.
Approximately 6 hours of this course are dedicated to classroom sessions and specific briefings. There is, as always, a final exam. Then we move on to the wet bit, where you will cover the following topics, among many other things:
- Policy for TDI Cavern Diving
- Gas Matching Procedures and Management to Include Dissimilar Volume
- Psychological Considerations
- Equipment Considerations
- Swimming Techniques
- Cavern environment
- Cavern Conservation
- Problem Solving
- Accident Analysis
- Review of Dive Tables and Decompression Theory
- Cavern Diving Etiquette
Take your next step | TDI Cavern Diver Course, Menorca
During the course, you will experience and learn to use a number of additional equipment such as a
line cutter, safety reels. torches, slate or wet notes, three directional line arrows…
This equipment is generally not for rent, and you should have your own. If not, let us know in advance what your rental requirements will be, so we can make sure we have everything ready for you.
How’s my day looking?
A typical day starts at 09:00 and finishes around 17:00 with one hour break for lunch, usually between 13:00 till 14:00. You can bring your own lunch or enjoy your lunch break at one of the restaurants in S’Algar. Please understand that all time is approximate, as each course has his own dynamics.
So, Can I do it?
- Any certified diver, Open Water or above, can do it
- Minimum age is 18 years (or 15 with parental consent)
- You need to provide proof of a minimum of 25 dives
- Present a medical certificate, endorsed by a Doctor
- There is a minimum of 2 students for this course, bring a friend
What do I get?
- TDI Cavern Diver Manual
- Insurance during the course
- Air fills
- Professional Team
- And once you successfully master all the skills etc. final certification.
What is not included in my TDI Cavern Diver Course?
- Anything not mentioned above
- Dive computer/s (remember, you´ll need two)
- Any additional equipment such as torches, reels, slates etc.
What do I need to bring with me for my TDI Cavern Diver Course?
- Manual, bring your Academic material every day
- The medical certificate or letter from your doctor.
- At this stage, we expect you to have your own set of gear. Should you need to rent equipment from us, let us know in advance.
- Packed lunch or funds to enjoy lunch at our preferred restaurant in S’Algar, the Pirata.
- Beef sandwich with English mustard on crusty white bread for your Instructor
Like all training courses, these are paid for but certification is earned.