If you are a certified Nitrox diver looking to expand your understanding of nitrox mixtures containing more than 40% oxygen, enhance your in-water skills and would like to get moving forward with technical diving education, this course is your next step | TDI Advanced Nitrox.
Moving on | TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver
Advanced Nitrox picks up where TDI Nitrox leaves off and offers a more in-depth look at diving with Nitrox. Theory will, of course, be covered, as well as 4 dives.
This course is spread over a minimum of two exciting days and is packed with great knowledge and diving skills. We will be covering physics and physiology relating to diving with gas mixes containing more than 40% oxygen, gas planning, dive tables, dive computers, oxygen limitations, nitrogen limitations, equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analysing nitrox mixtures, gas blending procedures, and oxygen service ratings for using gases with more than 40% oxygen.
In the water, you will have to demonstrate pretty much a perfect buoyancy control, show good awareness of your buddy and communications skills, demonstrate an ability to manage free flow from your primary regulator, conduct appropriate safety stops, demonstrate perfect air share with your buddy while maintaining correct body position and buoyancy at all times, and demonstrate proper stress analysis. All in all, this one is fun 🙂
Enjoy and learn with S’Algar Diving | TDI Advanced Nitrox
How’s my day looking?
A typical day starts at 09:00 and finishes around 17:00 with one hour break for lunch, usually between 13:00 till 14:00. You can bring your own lunch or enjoy your lunch break at one of the restaurants in S’Algar. Please understand that all time is approximate, as each course has his own dynamics.
So, Can I do it?
- You will need to be 18 years of age (or 15 with parental consent)
- Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- You need to provide proof of a minimum of 25 dives
- Present a medical certificate, endorsed by a Doctor
There is a minimum of 2 students for this course, bring a friend
What do I get?
- TDI Advanced Nitrox Manual
- Access to the oxygen analyser
- A lot of grief
- Insurance during the course
- Air fills
- Professional Team
And once you successfully master all the skills etc. final certification.
What is not included?
- Anything not mentioned above
- Dive computer
- Any additional equipment such as torches, line cutting devices, slates etc.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Manual, bring your Academic material every day
- The medical certificate or letter from your doctor.
- Packed lunch or funds to enjoy lunch at our preferred restaurant in S’Algar, the Pirata.
- Biscuits or a couple of Scotch Eggs for your Instructor.
- At this stage, we expect you to have your own set of gear. Should you need to rent equipment from us, let us know in advance.Like all training courses, courses are paid for but certification is earned.
OK, so I have done that, what’s next?
The diving world is your oyster. How about a PADI Rescue Course?