As a recreational diver or a sports diver, planned decompression is not something that you would have been taught. The TDI Decompression Procedures Course prepares you for planned staged decompression diving. With a maximum operating depth of 45 metres, this course is your first step beyond the normal sport diving limits. The TDI Decompression Procedures Course combined with the TDI Advanced Nitrox course form the foundation of all other technical courses. After these two courses and some additional experience, the stage has been set for you to move onto additional technical levels.
TDI Decompression Procedures Diver Course in Menorca
This course examines the theory, methods, and procedures of planned stage decompression diving. You will learn and understand how to plan and conduct a standard staged decompression dive. The most common equipment requirements, equipment set-up and decompression techniques are presented.
Theory will, of course, be covered, as well as 4 dives. There is, as always, a final theory exam. You will cover, among other things a range of topics such as Overview of Decompression Safety Stops Compared to Required Stops, Physics, Physiology, Decompression Options, Equipment Considerations, Dive Tables vs. Computers, Dive Planning and Procedures.
How’s my TDI Decompression Procedures day looking?
A typical day starts at 09:00 and finishes around 17:00 with one hour break for lunch, usually between 13:00 till 14:00. You can bring your own lunch or enjoy your lunch break at one of the restaurants in S’Algar. Please understand that all time is approximate, as each course has his own dynamics.
So, Can I do it?
- You will need to be 18 years of age
- Minimum certification SDI Advanced Adventure Diver or equivalent
- You need to provide proof of a minimum of 25 dives in open water – please have more…
- Present a medical certificate, endorsed by a Doctor
There is a minimum of 2 students for this course, bring a friend
What do I get?
- TDI Decompression Procedures Manual
- A lot of grief
- Insurance during the course
- Access to an O2 Analyzer
- Air fills
- Professional Team
- And once you successfully master all the skills etc. final certification.
What is not included?
- Anything not mentioned above
- Dive computer
- Any additional equipment such as line cutting devices, slates etc.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Manual, bring your Academic material every day
- The medical certificate or letter from your doctor.
- Packed lunch or funds to enjoy lunch at our preferred restaurant in S’Algar, the Pirata.
- Biscuits or a couple of Scotch Eggs for your Instructor.
- At this stage, we expect you to have your own set of gear. Should you need to rent equipment from us, let us know in advance.Like all training courses, courses are paid for but certification is earned.
OK, so I have done that. what’s next?
This course is best combined with the TDI Advanced Nitrox Course. If you do both courses together, discounts apply.